Tennis Shop - Hours of Operation
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Private or Group Tennis Lessons
Mike Collins, USPTA
Kristen Coy, USPTA
Tennis Facility Information
The Tennis Facility has three Hard courts and three Austrailian Grass soft courts. All of which are lighted for evening play. All Courts are fenced and supplied with windscreens. There is filter bottled water inside, water fountain outside and Ice with cups for your convenience. Viewing areas for the lessons or match play are under the awning in between the courts. The Tennis Shop is located in the two story building located between the courts.
Complete lesson and junior development programs are available to Members and guests, under the supervision of Director of Tennis, Mike Collins. The tennis staff enjoys the well-earned reputation of providing the finest in service, merchandise and instruction for our Members.
If you are interested in purchasing a tennis racquet, the tennis pro shop offers a wide variety of the latest racquets available. Due to the large demand for demo racquets, we request that all demos be returned the same day as they were used.
We have gift certificates available and they can be purchased for use on merchandise in the tennis pro shop or lessons with one of our professionals.
The professional staff offers a variety of lesson packages for beginners to championship level players. Lesson rates vary depending on the length of the lesson. Private lessons may be schedule at a time that is convenient to you and may booked on the half hour up to one hour. Contact the Tennis Shop to book your next lesson.
Group Lessons and Team Workouts
Group lessons can vary from two players to four players. The Price of the Group lesson depends upon how many are in your group. For more information please contact the Pro Shop.
Junior Development Programs
VCC tennis offers a comprehensive Junior development program designed to help kids who are at all levels from beginner to the very advanced tournament players. We have VCC Junior Academy that runs from September through May. We have the 100% programs along with SWATT that runs during the summer. It focuses on consistency, footwork, placement, and overall performance. We expect great attitudes and willingness to wrok hard. It is for Junior high and High School level players.
VCC Tennis Association (VCCTA)
The purpose of VCCTA shall be to enhance the Members’ enjoyment of social tennis by providing an active, year-round program consisting of tournaments, fun days, and other associated activities. Activities of the VCCTA are coordinated by a Board of Directors who are elected annually. To carry out its charge, the Board meets formally each month at VCC.
Membership in the VCCTA is open to all.
Tennis Rules & Regulations
The following rules must be observed by Members and their guests at all times.
1. Court Reservations: The reservation system is a part of the By-Laws of the Victoria Country Club and shall be enforced as such. The reservation system is designed to be as fair to all Members as possible. You can book three days in advance for court play, reservations are suggested.
2. Guests: Each Member is responsible for the conduct of his/her guests. All guests must be registered and charged prior to play. Any non-Member of the Club shall be charged guest fees. Guest fee charges are $10.00 per person, guest are only allowed to play twice a month.
3. Conduct: Courtesy and consideration should be observed at all times, Colonel Powell’s "The Code" shall be used as a basis for "tennis ethics" and interpretations not covered by USTA rules.
4. Dress: Proper tennis attire is to be worn at all times. Tennis shoes and shirts are necessary at all times. Cut-offs, track shoes and swimsuits are not acceptable. Men shall be required to wear shirts with sleeves.
5. Damage: Any damage caused to part of the tennis facility is the financial responsibility of the Member whose membership number is used by the person causing the damage.
6. Food and Beverage: No food, beverage or smoking shall be permitted on the courts. No food or beverage can be consumed on the Club premises unless purchased through the Club, unless you have gotten permission from the Tennis Director.
All rules of the Victoria Country Club apply to the tennis facility. Enforcement of any of the above By-Laws rests with the Director of Tennis or his appointed staff.
Victoria Country Club Tennis Pro
Mike Collins is the Victoria Country Club, Director of Tennis. He is also the Head Tennis Teaching Pro and has been coaching since 1983. He has played and won the Infamous junior Wimbledon Tennis Tournament in London, England. Mike has traveled and played with some of the best tennis players in the world. He is a highly recommended teacher and considered to be one of the best coaches in our area.